Gummies have a long history as a popular confectionery. More recently, they have become a celebrated form of cannabis edible, or medible. At MagicalButter.com our executive chef has mastered creating homemade gummies with a certain magical flair—hence the name Magical Gummies!
Check out MagicalButter’s YouTube channel for a quick video of Chef Joey Galeano showing how easy it is to create his signature recipe:
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Serving size: 1 gummy (about 1 tablespoon/15 ml)
- ¾-1 cup/180-240 ml MagicalButter Tincture (to be reduced to MBO in step 4, below)
- 12 ounces/340 g (4 packages of 3 ounces/85g each) flavored gelatin of your choice
- 1 cup/240 ml fruit juice of your choice, chilled
- 2½ ounces/70 g (10 envelopes of ¼ ounce/7 g each) unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup/60 ml (for Step 2) plus 2 tablespoons/30 ml (for Step 5) honey or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml Tart & Sour or citric acid powder
- ½ tablespoon/7½ ml flavor extract
- In a large bowl, whisk all the gelatins and citric acid together.
- Separately, stir ¼ cup/60 ml honey or agave together with the chilled fruit juice; then, whisk it into the gelatin until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Set the gelatin mixture aside to soften, or “bloom”, while you reduce your tincture.
- In a large, non-stick sauté pan on low heat, reduce your tincture until almost all the alcohol has evaporated, creating concentrated MagicalButterOil (MBO). It should look like molasses.
- Add flavor extract, 2 tablespoons/30 ml of honey or agave, and swirl the pan in a circular motion until the MBO mix again resembles molasses; then add the gelatin mixture.
- Whisk the gelatin mix into the pan with the MBO mix, and begin to simmer the gummy cannfection over medium-low heat.
- Stir constantly for 7-10 minutes, or until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Using a large measuring cup with a pour spout, transfer the mixture into your molds, and refrigerate them for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove your Magical Gummies from the molds, serve, and enjoy! They’re so tasty and fun…you’ll barely be able to bear it!!
Magical Gummies must be kept refrigerated. In the freezer they will keep for up to a year, in the refrigerator up to 2 months.
Do you have a favorite recipe for the MagicalButter machine? Share it with our readers in comments below!