Not many foods are more classically “American” than a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. Most of us can remember those days as a kid on a chilly afternoon, sinking our teeth into a toasty cheese sandwich, made with a one or more varieties of cheese and our favorite bread. And nothing goes better with that gooey goodness than a bowl of soul-warming, creamy tomato soup.
That is, unless it’s MagicalButter.com Executive Chef Joey Galeano’s amped-up version, Kushy Tomato Soup & Gooey Grilled Cheese Croutons! With an MB Botanical Extractor, you can make the perfect herbal infused oil to give your soup and cheesy croutons that special health-enhancing kick! Click the recipe title below for a quick how-to video of Chef Joey whipping it up.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1¼ hours
Serving size: ½-¾ cup/120-180 ml
Yield: about 5 cups/1180 ml
Kushy Tomato Soup
- 6 tablespoons/90 ml MagicalButter or MagicalButter Coconut Oil
- 1 can (28 ounces/800 g) crushed tomatoes (preferably San Marzano)
- ½ cup/120 ml heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml organic chicken base, MSG-free
- 1 tablespoon/15 ml pink Himalayan salt
- 5-8 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 teaspoon/5 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch/⅓ ml saffron threads
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, chopped
- In a large sauté pan set to medium, heat the MagicalButter or oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the onions, and sauté 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden brown.
- Add garlic, and cook 1 more minute.
- Remove the pan from heat, and transfer the contents to your MagicalButter machine. Add the rest of your ingredients into the machine, and secure the head.
- Press the Temperature button, and select 160ºF/71°C; then press the 1 Hour/Oil button.
- Serve your Kushy Tomato Soup fresh and hot, with Gooey Grilled Cheese Croutons scattered on top. Enjoy!
Gooey Grilled Cheese Croutons
- 4 tablespoons/60 ml MagicalButter Olive Oil
- 4 slices multi-grain country bread, crusts removed
- 4 ounces/115 g MagicalButter Boursin Cheese
- 6-8 ounces/170-230 g Gruyère cheese, grated
- 4 slices white American cheese
- Garlic salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spread Boursin cheese on one side of each slice of bread.
- Add the other cheeses atop the Boursin; then carefully pair two bread slices together, forming a cheese sandwich. Repeat with the remaining two slices.
- Oil both outsides of the 2 sandwiches. Sprinkle on garlic salt and pepper.
- In a large sauté pan set to medium, heat each side of the sandwiches until a golden brown color emerges, and the cheese is melted.
- Let them relax for 2 minutes; then slice them into 1-inch cubes. Scatter your Gooey Grilled Cheese Croutons atop your awesome Kushy Tomato Soup, and enjoy! Easy, cheesy, and sure to please me!
RELATED: For dozens more delicious herbal recipes, easy how-to videos, and how to get your own Botanical Extractor, check out MagicalButter.com.
Do you have a favorite herbal recipe? Share it with our readers in comments below!